Max Headroom — Predicts the Future
For those of you who missed out on this briefly-aired TV series of the mid-1980’s, you have missed much.
Yes, the character Max Headroom began life as actor Matt Frewer in a headpiece (it was never a computer-generated image) in Coca-Cola commercials (in the U.S.; Max was a v-jay before that in the U.K.) … but Max’s popularity was quickly adopted for this amazingly prescient sci fi gem. The original pilot was produced in Great Britain but soon found an American audience.
- integration of video, TV, and computers
- remote control of video cameras through computer terminals
- on-screen video images & linked databases
- computer viruses, tapeworms, timebombs, and Trojan horses
- and more … Max Headroom Predicts the Future
This is the short list …
Murray: “You can’t fake a tape, pictures don’t lie.
At least not until you’ve assembled them creatively.”